Sunday, April 19, 2015

Remembering the Good Things in Life

Do you ever feel like your fighting an uphill battle that never stops!? I'm not one for complaining (at least not in public) but there are so many times that I just feel completely drained. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing works. So I reach out for help....and ...crickets. Crickets seem to be my theme song for so long now.

I'm strong, I'm determined. ..I'm failing. No not FAILING....wrong word. I'm flailing! It's like drowning, only I'm falling through the air with no parachute, and no one to catch me. Over and over again I've smashed my head off the cement. I've done this so many times in my life, it's unbelievable, and every time...I somehow just get right back up and going again.

Don't take this the wrong way. This is not a pitty party at all ( I learned long ago those are useless and don't work). This is me flailing once again, and for the first time, letting everyone know it! I've always been incredibly blessed that I have always at least had a roof over my head. There have been times in my past where I've had no food, or not enough food etc.., but I have always had a roof over my head. Wherever I go. That right there is a straw. A straw I've been able to keep solid for my entire adult life. I'm not grasping at anymore straws though, not yet. They don't exist. Those straws haven't been created yet. The other straws didn't work and so they got thrown out.

Flailing and straws...thats my metaphors for life lately. I don't think there has ever been anything I haven't had to struggle with. I struggled in school, to make friends (still do), keep jobs, keep homes, food on the table, sanity ( thats a BIG one right there). I can't recall a single thing I have not had to struggle or work hard to get...I used to hate that fact. I used to look at ppl that seemed to have it SO easy and hate them for it. NOW...I wouldn't trade it for the world. I hate the struggle. I don't hate how hard I work. The successful end result is always worth it! Every day seems like such a blessing when you can look through the cloud of smoke and hear the birds chirping and start to see the beautiful blue skies.


I have so many blessings in my life ( no I am not a religious person, but I do believe... In a lot of things )

So here's to you... my kind reader friend. I'll tell you my blessings if you tell me yours!

My husband: for his constant caring and attention. For his straightforward and never waning love for me. Even when (in the aftermath) I feel I don't deserve it.
A roof over my our head: I've already said this, but I will say it again.  We are so fortunate for this.
Our furbabies (Bello & Harley): They mean the world to us and have such incredible backstories and struggles of there own, but there unconditional love means the world to me.

I know this not really a normal post for A Bit Retro's World, but it's something I felt compelled to write.

Let me hear your blessings in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment