Friday, May 1, 2015

What I'm Watching ~~ April 26-30/2015

Welcome to May, and welcome to a bigger, better, world ( A Bit Retro's World anyways!)

Today I want to tell you about the shows/movies I have been watching and loving this week!

 So just like most people I have Netflix, which I LOVE!!! LOVE!!!! LOVE!!!! Recently I believe they added Monster High to it! Granted, this is a children's show... but it doesn't make it any less fun and awesome to me! This week I took some time to watch three of there ...."movies" I guess you could call them. They are short, I will admit that. It works for my schedule though. Short and sweet, keeps up with me. I had time to watch Haunted, Freaky Fusion, and Friday Night Frights.

Now if your wondering "WHAT. In Sam Raimi, is Monster High!?!!"

WELP!! It's a depiction of the sons and daughters of all of our classic horror monsters. Let me know if you want a run down of who' who and I will be more than happy to introduce you to them!

So anyways, back to what I was saying. The shows are generally no more than a little over an hr long (some are way shorter) but they all have one thing in common. Moral lessons, and even as an adult it was a nice little reminder. "Haunted" tells about the ghost world being separated from the monster world, because of fear and greed. "Freaky Fusion" reminds us that our flaws can be beautiful, and it's what makes us unique. They also remind us that love is one of the strongest powers we have, it heals AND saves. "Friday Night Frights" is a great tale of working together for the common good, Everyone deserves a chance to shine, and cheating doesn't get you anywhere good!

These lessons are so important, and even as a grown woman, sometimes I forget them. I loved this show purely for the monsters....but I also watch it for the reminders too!
 GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

This was really exciting when they first announced it and most people waited with anticipation. This is a Netflix EXCLUSIVE. I will admit I did not grow up with comics, didn't even know about them till I was an adult. This show doesn't really need prior knowledge anyways. So far I have been able to watch Episode 1-5, so I'm nearly done. I know most people watched it ALL the day it came out, but unfortunately and fortunately I don't have that kind of time on my hands, and I DO like to sleep LOL.

So far I have been introduced to Matt Murdoch, Foggy (he's a love/hate kind of character for me), Karen Page, and Wilson Fisk (SHHHHHHH we never say his name....)....There are others....but not really as important to me personally. What I love about this show, is how perfect the selection of actors really are. There performances are AMAZEBALLS. I'm not going to give ANY info...but this is a show I am SOOOO glad has been renewed for another season.

My husband really LOVES his nostalgia, so we end up watching a lot of TV series that we saw as young kids or teenagers. Friends is the newest add to that lineup! We are currently on Season three and nearly half way through it. This is a show we like to watch one episode a day of, and it's usually during dinner time. With no children, it leaves us open to being able to watch TV while eating, minimal to no mess at all ( looking in the direction of my husband when I state that LOL )

I love the dynamic of this show. Watching it over again, you really do see the evolution of the characters. I remember being quite sad watching the final episode of this series.



What have you been watching this week? Have you started watching anything new? Or did you see a good movie? Let me know in the comments down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment